Wednesday 13 June 2012

Hotel, Exeter

After a day out in Tiverton, I got off the bus on the outskirts of Exeter to take some pictures of quite an amazing ghost sign (check this blog tomorrow!) and walked towards the city centre. By the time I passed by Exeter St David's it was getting dark but I couldn't fail to notice the letter 'L' painted on the façade of a building opposite the station. Then I saw the other letters or what was left of them. Together they spellt the word "Hotel." A search online a few days later took me to Exeter Memories, where I discovered this used to be the Elmfield Hotel and the building the ghost sign was painted on may well have been the stables. There is a whole page dedicated to the Elmfield Hotel and I would invite you to visit it to discover more about the history of the place.


Hotel

Location: Saint David's Hill, Exeter, Devon / Picture taken in April 2012

No comments: